Say No To The California Raisins
July 12 | Hmmm...No Comments Yet
Something Serious: Public Service Announcement
Raisins and grapes have been shown to be toxic to some dogs. This was first discovered in a 2004 study by the ASPCA Poison Control Center. The center found 140 cases where dogs were affected by the ingestion of either grapes or raisins.
In cases of raisin or grape ingestion by dogs, the pets often begin vomiting within six-12 hours. In 12 to 24 hours, the dogs often become anorexic and develop diarrhea. After 24 hours, a large number of dogs develop acute renal failure, which can lead to death.
Hmmm…maybe that’s why I puke and crap all over the house after chugging a bottle of my favorite Merlot. I wonder what my father’s excuse is?