Have A Coke and A Smile

September 18 | 6 Comments

So, do dogs smile you ask? Well here’s an article that discusses that age old question.Copper Smiling

The canine smile: It’s as talked about as Mona Lisa’s, and just as intriguing.

I don’t know who this moaning Lisa is but I assure you my smile is better.

Scott Vogel has worked with dogs for 25 years at the Delaware Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. As the society’s director of humane education, he said he’s seen expressions he’d call “a happy face.”

I’ve heard it from good sources that the happy face comes after the happy ending.

Worf, a “small but mighty” Shetland sheepdog, used to mug for the camera when he was photographed in the costumes he wore as a therapy dog.

Oliver, an English bulldog owned by Tara Barrett, of Newark, smiles when he goes to the beach because he loves the water.

“Tennis balls are her[Lisl the Lab's] passion,” said Ortega, who lives in Lincoln Park, Pa. “And ice cream. She loves those peanut butter Frosty Paws.”

As Young said, “If one end can show they’re happy, why not the other end?”

Young is wise. She must have seen some of the smiles I’ve produced from my other end.

6 Responses to “Have A Coke and A Smile”

1. Goldie on September 18th, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi I'm Goldie.  This is my first comment.

I was just laughing at the dog in the picture. It's either laughing hysterically or doing its best Little Red Riding Hood wolf impression. "My what big teeth you have."

2. Starbuck on September 20th, 2007 7:28 pm

Just heard about this site on My Space and have got to say "Love it!!!!"  You also have to tell me who the babe is in the picture.  What a set of canines!

- Starbuck…The most handsome shnauzer in Texas

3. Bo on September 21st, 2007 1:47 pm

That picture is of my beautiful sister Copper.  She is a Ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback we rescued from a local shelter.  She's lots of fun and very obedient, maybe too much so.

If you truly are the most handsome shnauzer in Texas, she'd love it if you took her out dancing when you're in town.

Thanks for posting!!

4. Bandit on September 22nd, 2007 6:16 am

Of course dogs smile!  It goes back to how we, canines, own and train our humans.  Come on, all dogs are born with the innate knowledge of the pavlovian theory.  Give your human a smile, they will reward you for it!  Smile = Reward.  That is why we dogs do it.

5. Casey on September 22nd, 2007 1:49 pm

Bo I have to tell you that your sister Copper is a babe!  I love her smile!  I give my humans that lovable oaf look and they eat it up. I'll have to get my mom to dig up a picture of the look and send it to you.  Love everything I have read so far.  Your friend, Casey, the red hot, best Collie in Texas!!

6. Lady on October 17th, 2007 9:09 pm

Hey Bo … what is it that YOU do with your other end that brings the smiles?  I've been known to show my "smiles" by dancing the jig on my back paws … somehow that isn't what I think you were talking about, but I could be wrong.
    Lady – the cutest babe schnauzer in Michigan